These sandwiches are my childhood favorite !! My mom used to prepare if often for me, when I used to come back from school in the evenings 🙂 I can have this all day long.. I just love the taste of the green chutney and cheese combo !! This one’s ideal for those mid morning pangs and quite healthy too 🙂 Well that is if you do not add cheese 😛 I am a die hard cheese fan.. so I don’t mind those extra calories 🙂 Its quite a simple recipe, Great for kid’s tiffin boxes too 🙂 Here goes the recipe
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 bunch
- Green chillies – 3
- Garlic cloves – 3
- Peanuts – 1/4 cup
- Mint leaves – About 5 (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Cucumber slices as needed
- Cheddar cheese (grated) – as needed
- Bread slices
- Make a thick paste of coriander leaves, green chillies, garlic cloves, peanuts and mint leaves. It should be spreadable and not runny. Adjust the salt.
- Now, spread the chutney on one side of the bread, and top it with cucumber and grated cheese, cover it with another slice of bread.
- You can serve it just like this or toasted.